Nine Responses Women Use…

Wed, Jul 11, 2012

Humor, Personal Development

I have no idea where this came from but I found this in my Explorer inbox.  Cracked me up and just in case you haven’t seen it~ take a look!

(1) Fine : This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing : This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with “Nothing” usually end in ” fine.”

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That’s Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. “That’s okay” means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks : A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here – This is true, unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’ – that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’.. That will bring on a “whatever”).

(8) Whatever : Is a woman’s way of saying…Go to Hell…

(9) Don’t worry about it; I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking “What’s wrong?” For the woman’s response refer to # 3.

* Send this to the men you know, to warn them about arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology.

* Send this to all the women you know to give them a good laugh, cause they know it’s true!! And to understand men, check out The Man Rules

, , , ,

61 Responses to “Nine Responses Women Use…”

1. Linda Grace Says:

I’ve been happily married 28 years and this makes me laugh! It is so true!
    ~Linda
    Linda Grace recently posted..NINE RESPONSES WOMEN USE…My Profile

2. Trixie Says:

Those words are so true. Not because it sounds like, doesn’t really mean it also means like.
    Trixie recently posted..קבלהMy Profile

3. Jean @ Used Tires Says:

Hehe, I quite enjoyed reading through those and can relate to them quite well. The relation between #9 and #3 in particular made me laugh! Personally, I am really scared of the ‘nothing’ after I ask what’s wrong because then I have to be very careful of what I say from that point because on one hand, I truly want to find out what is bothering her but on the other hand, I don’t want to make the situation even worse!

-Jean
    Jean @ Used Tires recently posted..How to be proactive about used tire problemsMy Profile

4. Aarti Says:

ha ha ha!!!! Really deep research on women behavior, I’m sure no-one can ignore these points.
    Aarti recently posted..HostGator Coupon CodeMy Profile

5. Andrew Says:

That’s okay actually means Not Okay when translated into the language of women… my wife says that all the time and then she becomes upset afterwards
    Andrew recently posted..find beach chairsMy Profile

6. Katie Miller Says:

I can relate much on this, woman has a lot of statements, words, and language that’s needs you to go beyond on it in order to understand her further.
    Katie Miller recently posted..Discover PersuasionMy Profile

7. Promotional Products Says:

Hey Linda, this post left me nothing to say but YES, ultimately true! This sure makes me laugh indeed too, I can exactly see my self saying these responses with exact definitions held. Funny but soo true.

8. Value Promotions Says:

Lol! This is indeed so true. There are certain words that women use but only us knows what it really means. It’s up for the guys to decipher it.

9. Becca Says:

So true! I will share this to my friends.
    Becca recently posted..House Demolition Williams LandingMy Profile

10. Elena Anne Says:

Very funny and true post. I think ‘nothing’ is one of the most dangerous ones! It’s never nothing!
    Elena Anne recently posted..Insulin ResistanceMy Profile

11. Ronaldo Says:

Lol at “Five minutes”. That’s very true when my wife says that phrase. Thank you for sharing these womanly words.

12. Mae Says:

Haha! I totally agree with you. Honestly, I actually use those lines every time I get annoyed. I wonder how many girls are using the phrases as well. :)
    Mae recently posted..french inspired designMy Profile

13. Sandip @ Funding Platform Says:

Lol this is great and pretty often spot on. Here’s another funny one:

“THANKS A LOT”
    - This is much different from “Thanks.” A woman will say, “Thanks A Lot” when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have offended her in some callous way, and will be followed by the “Loud Sigh.” Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the “Loud Sigh,” as she will only tell you “Nothing”

14. Kathy@Del Rey Bankruptcy Attorney Says:

Linda, thanks for posting the nine responses! These are so true and so funny. My husband was cracking up when I was reading them to him and agreed with all of it! lol!:)

15. ellaine Says:

That’s so funny. Actually it’s so hard to deal with women; very complicated. To make the relationship healthy its very good to be honest enough and always talk to your partner. Tolerance and patience is very important.
    ellaine recently posted..Belviq Side EffectsMy Profile

16. reese Says:

I had to laugh too. I would have loved to think that I am not like this at all but I am. In fact, my hubby and I just had a misunderstanding awhile ago (but totally okay now) and I had made a good use of a phrase or two that’s on here.
    reese recently posted..Best Credit Card for Car Rental InsuranceMy Profile

17. Sandy Says:

Haha! These are funny, but be honest,some of them are true. Five minutes and whatever are my favourites. I think we should make a list named nine responses men use…
    Sandy recently posted..Why you should(n’t) read historical novels..My Profile

18. Angelina Says:

That’s true!! women are women.

19. Jeremy@Wedding Planner Calgary Says:

Linda, couldn’t stop laughing, reading the above. I think its pretty much what is my experience with women around me.

20. Radu Says:

Sadly but true. This is another reason of why men can’t understand women at 100%.

21. Jeremy Says:

I’m no expert at ladies’ expressions but I definitely learned all of those things above. Thank you for sharing them.

22. Martin Cooney @ Marriage Advice Says:

I always have a giggle every time I read these, Linda :)
    Though it is interesting to think that it’s a little dishonest to say something to anyone when it’s untrue – no wonder the majority of guys get all twisted up when it comes to female communication.
    Martin Cooney @ Marriage Advice recently posted..We’ll Show You How To Easily Ruin Your RelationshipMy Profile

23. professional indemnity insurance Says:

now whenever I am talking to girl or women always keep your points in my mind.. lol

24. Cristian Balau Says:

Pretty much true. From my point of view, all you need to know is the following:
    No means maybe
    Maybe means yes
    Yes means…well, she’s not really a women.
    Cristian Balau recently posted..Iron Products for HomeMy Profile

25. Nicholle Olores Says:

whoah this is funny. Yeah I noticed those things too.
    Well, I admit, I am also having that behavior and we women have our own words of saying things that man cannot understand.
    Nicholle Olores recently posted..Green Renovation Trends in BrisbaneMy Profile

26. Agentii imobiliare Says:

(8) Whatever : Is a woman’s way of saying…Go to Hell…
    very very true :))))

27. Holzprofi Says:

Hey honey, is it you? Totally sounds like my girlfriend. ;)

28. Robert Koenig Says:

This is a good laugh! Thanks for sharing. There are some little things are so universal about people.
    Robert Koenig recently posted..How Safe are California Roads?My Profile

29. Smith Arabic Music Says:

My wife completely agree with your post and she really loved reading your post. keep on sharing these type of wonderful posts

30. Katerina Says:

Hahaha! And I can say that it is jusr internatinal women phrases! If only all men knew their true meaning. I will give it to my boyfriend to remember!
    Katerina recently posted..Google publishes Android Jelly Bean 4.1 source codeMy Profile

31. Sam@laser hair removal scottsdale Says:

Hahaha I remember when I was younger I used to think these sorts of things were just exaggerations. But now I find myself saying these things too! I don’t know when or how it happened, but I say them all the time! It really must be some universal code lol
    Sam@laser hair removal scottsdale recently posted..Don’t Skimp When it Comes to Laser Hair RemovalMy Profile

32. Rachel@SmallStepsOnOurJourney Says:

I have spoken these words and actually meant those ‘hidden meanings’ before! Zoinks. I’m not as crafty as I thought!
    Rachel@SmallStepsOnOurJourney recently posted..Nivea Endless Summer (Giveaway!)My Profile

33. sam Says:

this post has reminded me of the John Gray book – women are from venus and men are from mars………maybe you should go into compeition with him and write a book from a womans’ point of view on our differences eh!

34. research paper Says:

It is really so)) Hahah)) It is me indeed)

35. Sergey Tarasov Says:

Though I’m a man, I really agree to these because I usually heard these words to most of the women. I never thought it would be a topic here in your blog. I appreciate it.
    Sergey Tarasov recently posted..Brother Sewing Machine Reviews: The Pros and ConsMy Profile

36. CCNA Certification Says:

I agree with Cristian…
    Thanks..
    CCNA Certification recently posted..Give your career a right direction with CCNAMy Profile

37. Lokesh Chauhan Says:

Hi this is a very nice blog. I have subscribed to your blog because i have really liked your articles and the way you explain them to reader i am sure that all of your readers are satisfied with your Informative Work.
    Thank you.

Best Regards:
    Lokesh Chauhan
    Lokesh Chauhan recently posted..Install Official ICS 4.0 Firmware on Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi Fi P7510My Profile

38. Angie Says:

We are who we are because of these expressions. Those are what makes as interesting human beings. Thanks for these thoughts. More power!

39. Jenni@free wordpress installation service Says:

For the most of the response i was just smiling , very true :)

40. richa@Facebook for business Says:

This is a very interesting post and I would say true facts.I myself do that many a times :P..Fine and nothing are the two words I am quite often into. Loved it.

41. Bijuterii aur Says:

You are so right! Congrats on the article

42. Fred@Custom Made Beds Says:

Women are such complicated creatures. You can never tell what’s on their mind or if they are really showing how they feel inside…but then again…I love women :)
    Fred@Custom Made Beds recently posted..Hello world!My Profile

43. click here Says:

So true. I love this post. I have enjoyed reading this because I’m a woman too.
    click here recently posted..Parenting Skills: 5 Ways to Develop Effective Parenting SkillsMy Profile

44. Carla Says:

oh you just made me laugh with this. lolollol i totally agree with you. LOLOLOLOLOL
    Whatever : Is a woman’s way of saying…Go to Hell…
    Oh thanks for writing this, you made my day!
    Carla recently posted..Royal Canin Maxi Light 15 kg from HGGA4My Profile

45. Md Firdosh Says:

wOw these are really great responses. And its that every girl/ women response in the same manner. And they mean exactly what you written in the article. I like the “Go Ahead” response
    Md Firdosh recently posted..Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC 2012) from 7th September 2012 on Sony TelevisionMy Profile

46. Nina Corales@Driving Lessons Says:

Can’t help but laugh while reading this post because these statements are very true ( and I guess widely used by women) haha.

47. Mei Mayore@Life Insurance Quotes Canada Says:

Guys, when a woman says ‘don’t worry about it’ that is the time that you should start worrying about whatever you have done to her.;)
    Mei Mayore@Life Insurance Quotes Canada recently posted..COMPARE LIFE INSURANCE QUOTESMy Profile

48. Robert Colville Says:

absulately right .this is commane too all women
    Robert Colville recently posted..Bad discipline with trading forex? Solution: Enter on stopsMy Profile

49. Elaine Salt@Minnesota Property Management Says:

This post really made me agree. I even do nodding here in my seat and laugh. Personally, I use these nine things a woman respond. Men should ponder on this to understand much a woman and what she thinks. Thanks Linda!

50. Remy Santos@Solar Lighting Says:

Women are made from sugar, spice and everything nice. That is the reason why they simply utter “WHATEVER!” when they actually mean “Go to hell and burn yourself” >:) haha
    Remy Santos@Solar Lighting recently posted..LIVESUN Temporary Lighting Applications VideoMy Profile

51. Jordan@Printer Repair San Diego Says:

“Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It!” haha I as a man have heard this before and I wasn’t always wise enough to listen to the warning. Most recent example: “You want to drink with your friends and not clean out the garage like I asked? Go ahead.

52. Hazel Says:

that’s the life of a woman…

53. repair printer in miami Says:

Top 9 reason women use for not wanting to have sex…

9. Im to tired