We are taught from a young age that it’s vain and wrong to love ourselves, but in reality we are the ultimate and unconditional source of LOVE ITSELF.
The closer we get to unconditionally loving ourselves the more wonderful our lives will be.
10 ways to expedite the process of falling in love with yourself-
1. Praise yourself. Learn to complement everything that you do. See the good that you do and acknowledge it. When you complete a task, you did some things right! Focus on them, feel good about them.
2. Forgive yourself. Forgive yourself and stop putting anger and resentment into your mind that will prevent change.
We all make mistakes remember it’s ok to make mistakes while you’re learning.
3. Support yourself. Ask for help when you need it. Don’t let ego get in the way. People are more than willing to help a person with a positive attitude. It brings joy to the giver as well as the receiver.
4. Stop criticizing yourself. The power of the subconscious is amazing. As we pay attention and become a master observer we’ll realize how deeply rooted our beliefs about ourselves are.
If you were raised in a troubled home you might have become super-responsible.
When you take on that responsibility it’s easy to be critical of yourselves. This responsibility might lead you to think you’re not good enough. You find ways to feel guilty and miserable. The old tapes of being bad, ugly, lazy, or worthless will start to surface.
You must take the time to create and say affirmations to retrain your mind.
5. Take care of your body. Alcohol and drugs are the most popular method of escape. Stuffing food in is another way to hide from emotions.
These indulgences alone do not make a bad person, if these are a part of your life and are your method of escape, you just haven’t found a more positive way of fulfilling your needs. The negative effects of this indulgence far out ways the temporary high of escape and it will add guilt and negative feelings of self.
6. Take nutrition into your own hands. Be aware of what you put into your mouths and how it makes you feel. Food companies and advertisers influence our eating habits. You must get control of your eating.
Many healthy lifestyle diets are popular. Remember what works for one person doesn’t necessarily work for everyone; another reason to pay attention, find out which diet works best for you.
Find exercise that you enjoy and do it.
7. Stop scaring yourself. Leave the little kid fear behind, there are no monsters under the bed. Often people fall into sleep dreaming, fearing the worst possibilities – if someone makes a comment at work, or their kids are not making choices that obviously will lead to unhappiness, or if someone doesn’t call, it is assumed you’re not worthy of love. It is amazing how when you imagine that something is, it will come to pass.
Meditate, visualize optimistic outcomes.
8. Be kind to your mind. Remember negative thoughts are affirmations. When the negative thought comes to your mind, take control. Say to yourself, I’m not going to think about that anymore, I love myself. I am a loveable, kind person.
Negative thoughts will bring you down. Think thoughts that will build you up, not beat you up. These experiences are learning experiences
A mantra is a sacred verbal formula repeated in prayer or meditation. When you choose a word, or a phrase, and say it regularly it will become part of you. Choose a mantra; maybe “Love” or “I love myself.”
9. Don’t pretend to be perfect. No one is perfect. Instead discover creative distinctions that show your individuality and appreciate yourselves for the qualities that make you different from others. Each of you has a unique role to play on this earth.
You can dream big, set goals and work at achieving them. But being perfect puts extreme pressure and prevents you from looking at areas of your lives that need healing.
10. Be patient with yourself. When you feel the love for yourself, recognize your areas of needed growth, and work on them, with no criticism, you will see the world in a new light. Since you don’t criticize others, you won’t worry about others criticizing you. It is amazing how happy you can be.
All you have to do is recognize the love within you.
We’ve been conditioned to believe that our value is dependent on what we’ve done, but it’s not true! When we leave this planet, we can take nothing with us. Nothing except what is in our hearts and minds. We will take with us our capacity to love.
Our very nature is LOVE itself!